All sites.uams.edu websites run on WordPress and are centrally-managed by Communications and Marketing.
WordPress powers 30% of the world’s websites and is available as a platform for hosting and maintaining University websites and blogs for schools, colleges, administrative units, academic centers, research labs and other university-sponsored initiatives, programs and collaborations.
Through WordPress, Communications and Marketing is able to provide a consistent UAMS-branded user experience as well as deliver mobile-friendly content.
Here’s what you can do with WordPress
- Create unlimited pages and categories to display content.
- Take advantage of automatic archiving and search capabilities.
- Easily add audio and video to your site.
- Customize your site by choosing from a small library of themes.
- Web-based and works on a Mac or PC—no software to install.
Any website created for official university communications is required to follow UAMS branding guidelines and should include the following:
- A UAMS branded theme.
- Follow UAMS editorial style guidelines.
- Include bold and impactful imagery.